Fit-again Harry Aikines-Aryeetey targeting Olympics - Times Online

Fit-again Harry Aikines-Aryeetey targeting Olympics - Times Online: "Harry Aikines-Aryeetey, the world junior 100 metres champion, is looking forward to returning to competition after an 11-month absence through injury.

The highly rated 2012 Olympic Games medal prospect suffered a stress fracture in his back last year that required a lengthy period of rehabilitation. His injury came during warm-weather training in the United States last spring, effectively wrecking his final summer season as a junior in which he was favourite to win the European title.

Now, the 19-year-old sprinter is set to compete over 60 metres in the South of England AA Championships at the Lee Valley Athletics Centre on January 19.

'The last year has left me hungry in every sense,' Aikines-Aryeetey said. 'To try to explain how I felt is quite difficult. I questioned many times whether I would ever race again. There were days when you felt so flat, it was unbelievable. At one time, I had 50 acupuncture needles in me.'"

Search Amazon.comor eBay for more 2012 Olympics products ...

No comments: